We're looking to hire a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC or LCDC-I).
BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES: To administer substance abuse treatment services to adults in compliance with all DSHS Rules and the Policy and Procedures adopted by Phoenix Associates Counseling Services, Inc.
- Provide screening and assessment services.
- Provide Individual and Group Counseling Sessions as directed.
- Document all services in accordance to established policies and procedures.
- Attend all staff training sessions and meetings as directed.
- Any other duties of a reasonable nature deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
- Provides effective individual, group and family counseling.
- Obtains accurate intake information and accurately assesses client status and needs.
- Prepares treatment and discharge plans in response to individual client needs.
- Adheres to agency and DSHS established documentation standards.
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills.
- Observes confidentiality requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability to motivate, confront and self-disclose.
- Establishes and obtains Client rapport by demonstrating warmth, realness, and empathy.
- Controls problem situations in a calm and directive manner.
- Adheres to program policy and procedure.
- Organizes work time and performs required functions in a timely manner.
- Updates skills through continuing education and demonstrates personal and professional growth on an ongoing basis.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal relationships with other members of the agency.
- Functions in accordance with the profession’s Code of Ethics and demonstrates competency in accordance with the 12 core counseling functions defined by the National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors.
- Must have 2 years of full-time wage earning experience as a LCDC.
- Must maintain a current Texas Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor licensure.
- Must have experience working with adult offender populations.